Sunday, June 3, 2012

Catching Up Because I've Been Neglecting You!

I haven't been feeling well this past week in a way that is worse than my normal bitching and moaning. I have a doctor's appointment on Friday and I hope to get some answers then and I am also hoping against hope that whatever this problem is, I will still be able to go to the Woodlawn Plantation needlework show on Thursday with the Embroidery Guild.

Anyway...

Since I haven't been writing much and I feel like a major disappointment to all of my followers (who I love so much!), I am sending you three links to entertain you today.

First is a Washington Post review of Jenny Lawson's (aka The Bloggess) book, Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir. I am rereading Jenny's book right now and I swear it's funnier the second time around. If you would like to get a copy for yourself, go here. I promise you won't regret it.

My big news is that I am now a certified searchable author on Amazon! Ask A Bipolar, the website I did some writing for last year, has published a best of book which you can get here on the Kindle or here if you would like a print copy. (I am happy to sign your book for you. I can't believe I just wrote that!) Or just click the links to see my name as an author! Really exciting and it's making me rethink maybe self-publishing a couple of my children's books. If I could ever put down my other love (cross stitch, in case you hadn't noticed), I might actually have time to do some more writing.

The third link is to my stitching friend, Carrrie's, blog, Addicted to Stitching. I had asked her about her craft room and she obliged by posting up pictures of what turns out to be the stash I wish I had. If you are a crafter or a cross stitcher, you have to see this craft room. I'm green with envy and thinking that if my oldest doesn't move out soon, I'm going to force the two younger boys to room together so I can have a room of my own. Having a cross stitch "area" is just not making me giddy. I have thought about turning our family room into my craft room to make a point, but I don't think it would go over very well. On the up side, Carrie has given me some great advice by text on how to build up my stash of projects. I think she said she has 75 works in progress and maybe 20 more kits that are ready to start. That definitely is more than my five or six things that I am working on. Maybe I feel like I would be overwhelmed with that much stitching, since I'm kind of overwhelmed with what I have.

So, that's it for today. If I am able to go on the "field trip" on Thursday to Woodlawn, I will try to get pictures. A lot of the museums and old houses won't allow flash photography inside, but I am hopeful that I will be able to use my iPhone to get some pictures there. And there is going to be lunch and shopping at an awesome needlework store (Justin, take my credit cards; wait, don't!), so if I can't go, I'm going to be extremely disappointed. The problem with having a chronic illness is that new symptoms crop up and lay you flat.

Hoping you all are enjoying this awesome weather if you live on the east coast. If you're on the west coast and live in CA or NM, I'm so sorry about the heat.


  

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better and were able to make the field trip. And congratulations on becoming an author on Amazon! That's amazing!
    You are in no way a disappointment to anyone! As you told me once, it's your blog and you can post whenever you want :) I know how you feel though :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!