Friday, April 13, 2012

What On Earth Have I Been Up To?


I've been stitching up a storm and I can tell you that I am most pleased by the fact that I am in both the embroidery guild and the sewing club. In fact, to borrow Jenny Lawson's phrase, both of these are making me furiously happy and who doesn't need some of that in their life?

So, here's what I've been working on:



April Cottage by Country Cottage Needleworks

Hearts and Flowers by DJ's Designs

Elegant Geisha by Dimensions


Heaven and Earth Designs

So I've put work into all of these projects. The Heaven and Earth Designs, I am keeping a secret as to what it is. It has 20 pages of pattern and each page has approximately 1,000 stitches, so by the time it's done (in about 10 years), it will be around 200,000 stitches. It took me five hours to get the gridding right and I'm still not sure I did it properly because I didn't cut the thread at the end of each line. I am hoping it won't be a nightmare to find when I am ready to pull the gridding out. This will be done a page at a time and I am aiming to do one square (100 stitches) per day. Yesterday I went into the second square, simply because it was the same color and was easier than switching out threads.

I got quite a bit of work done on my Love Quilt square. I had to abandon the idea of doing the metallic embellishment in the diamond. I need to have all of the surrounding area done before I can do the metallic work. And that's okay with me because I hate working with metallics!

I am putting a couple of hours per week into the Geisha (even though it doesn't look like I've made any progress) and I am almost done with her dress. Soon, hopefully, it will look like what it is supposed to look like.

I need to get to work on my cottages because I am way behind. I still have February and March to do and I received May's pattern about a week or two ago. June's design has been finished and will be ready by the end of the month. But I figure I can stitch these at my leisure and will eventually have all twelve months.

So now you know why I've been so absent from the internet. Quite honestly, I've really needed a break from it. I plan to spend the weekend searching for good movies on our new streaming Blu Ray player and stitching a bunch. I can't think of a better way to spend my time!

Till next time...


3 comments:

  1. You started your HAED! I'm so excited for you! Your gridding looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on all your pieces Chelle. I can keep a secret - what HAED did you start?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! The thing with gridding is that you tweak it as you go along until you find a system that works just right for you. Can't wait to find out what the HAED piece is. No hints?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!