Sunday, April 29, 2012

Progress Report - Love Quilt

Just thought I would give a quick update on what I have been working and slaving over for the last few days. I am feeling pressured by the pattern I chose for this quilt square because it is much more involved than I anticipated. As my friend, Malea, said, "It looks complicated." Yes, yes it is.


I have finally finished the embellishment in the middle. I kind of wish I had done it in a darker color, but I think you can see it.

I am currently outlining the hearts on the left band. I still have a lot of work to do on this one and I need to mail it by the end of the third week in May. I may have to make a few changes to the design!

Doing backstitch on that big a diamond that has every stitch filled in is hard on the hands. I don't usually do backstitch during the middle of the project, but I decided I was going to end up really frustrated at how long it would take to finish it if I left all the backstitch until the end.

I hope to get back into my rotation soon. For now, I am working exclusively on this one. At least the colors are pretty!


  

3 comments:

  1. It looks good Chelle. It will be really pretty when done.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Chelle! I like how subtle, but pretty, it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very complicated square and full coverage too! What a huge project you chose! It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!