Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's All About the Animals

Okay, after yesterday's soul wrenching post, I needed to lighten things up a little. Plus, I have wasted most of my morning, so I am going to make this short and hopefully brighten up your day with a couple of pet pictures and one stitching update. (More updates to come, but everything is downstairs right now and I'm not!)

Oh, and I also wanted to point my stitching friends over to Claudette's Heaven and Earth Designs Blog where I will be posting progress on my Fairy on Butterfly project. I haven't put up my first post yet, but there are lots of other neat projects for you to look at if you haven't already. I will be posting all updates on that project over there from now on, so I promise to point you in that direction.

So.

Just a little pet therapy for you.

Geez, do they love each other or what? That dog adores Justin!

Yeah, I'm kinda just the backup here when it comes to the dog. He'll take me in a pinch if Justin isn't around, but if Justin's home, I'm chopped meat. Or less than chopped meat because if I was chopped meat, he'd be more interested in me.

Max takes over my stitching chair.
Yeah, it's kind of hard to accomplish anything when you have a cat as a backrest pillow. This cat will actually try to sneak onto my lap when I'm not looking and he weighs 20 pounds, so when he makes it, it kind of knocks you over.

She tried to eat the roses,
After almost two years of hiding from the dog, Kylie finally is starting to venture out into the rest of the house again. She will even deign to be in the same room with him if she thinks a treat might be involved. And Jack is so patient. It's like he understands she's afraid of him and will lie there very calmly while she investigates.

Obviously, I live for these animals.

But, I promised you a stitching update and I have been working really hard on my rotation. I took this picture so that my friend could see that I haven't forgotten her:


Her skirt is almost done. Once I get the main portion of the project done, I think it will go fast. There are a lot of half stitches in there.

With that, I'm going to close, because it's 10:00 and I'm still sitting here in my pajamas and that just feels wrong. I've never been able to do the pajama day thing unless I'm really sick (as in coughing up a lung) or just had surgery. And even then, I try to at least get into sweat pants.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pet pics, Chelle! I'll admit I could do the pajamas ALL WEEK if possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a 20 pound cat once that liked to sleep on my chest. That one definitely had trouble being sneaky.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!