Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hermiting for Days

I have been extending my IHSW to every single day. Stitching is my life. I generally try to catch up on blogs and write my own in the morning and then spend the afternoon and evening stitching, in between laundry loads and dishes and trying to remove pet hair from various surfaces.

Here is an update on my projects.

This is what I'm dealing with on my Love Quilt square. I am trying to get the backstitching done in the diamond in the middle. I changed the color to a dark pink instead of metallic because I know that metallics probably wouldn't wash well. I was trying to do this after it got dark outside last night and decided it might be easier in the daylight. It isn't.


Here's where I am:






Can you see where I've started the embellishment in the diamond? Actually, when I look at the pattern on here, maybe it would be easier to work from the picture instead of the actual pattern. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to see what I'm doing. Magnification doesn't help. It's the pattern from hell.

In other works:


I obviously haven't gotten very far with my HAED. But I have made a little progress. It's all blue for awhile.


I may have posted this one already. I didn't get a chance to work on it this weekend. I realized I'm cutting my June 1st due date for the hearts and flowers quilt square kind of close and the embellishment is taking awhile to figure out. I will get this back into rotation this week.


And lastly, I started my February cottage. If you didn't see my finish to the April one, check back a couple of posts. (Too lazy to find it to link it, but I posted it about 3 or 4 days ago.)

I will be spending the remainder of today trying to finish the embellishment on the Hearts and Flowers square. Once I get that done, I will be able to breathe a little easier that I will make my due date on that one and work a little more on my other pieces.

Hope you had a wonderful IHSW!

  

2 comments:

  1. Lovely progress, Chelle - you'll get that quilt square figured out in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on all your pieces Chelle. Hang in there - you'll get the quilt square done.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!