Sunday, April 8, 2012

EGA Nametag Finish!


I finished up my name tag this afternoon and it is now ready to be "finished" so that I can wear it at guild and club meetings. I even got the charms on all by myself! The apple represents Winchester, which is the apple capital of the United States (I think!). White House Apples is headquartered here and we have an annual Apple Blossom Festival coming up in a few weeks. The cardinal is the state bird of Virginia.

The butterflies are a border I added myself. I had some extra space at the bottom and really wanted to add at least one purple butterfly, since this will represent "me" every time I go stitching with a group. I looked at Hobby Lobby and Joann's for charms, but couldn't find anything I liked. So, I just decided to stitch them on myself.

Name Tag Design: Betsy Morgan at Willing Hands
Butterfly Border by Jenny Rasmussen at http://www.geckodance.com (free)
Date Begun: 04/05/12
Date Finished: 04/08/12

Now I'm off to work on my Love Quilt square for a bit.


3 comments:

  1. Very nice! i wish I was crafty. I thought of you reading a magazine and seen some napkins that had cross stich on them to make them fancy. I thought you could whip that out in a minute. Your good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kristy! I've been doing it since I was in high school (with the dinosaurs!), so I've had lots of practice. My first BAP (big ass project) was an Indian chieftain in full head dress for my husband (you can see it if you click the cross stitch tab at the top). But I had been practicing on other stuff before that.

    I have done towels before, but I don't really care for them because you can see the back side, where you try to hide the ends of your thread. And I don't like the idea of wiping my hands on something I've stitched! My mom does have some I made for her though that she uses in her guest bathroom.

    Hugs,
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely name tag Chelle. You're very clever :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!