Thursday, March 8, 2012

Missing in Action!

I've been busy, busy, busy while hoping my hand will heal up enough to go to the embroidery club tomorrow. Assuming I can get past the panic at the idea of being anywhere at 10:00, especially with people I don't know.

I went through all of my "WIP's," better known as "works in progress" this morning and I have four currently in different stages of progress. After finding Becky Bee's Stitching Hive and discovering that she did the Autumn Celtic Princess, I just had to pull out my Spring one and get back to work on it.  Here's where I am with this project:



I'm actually a little further along now than I was when I took this picture this morning. I spent about an hour in my wrist brace and after doing a bunch of carpal tunnel exercises working on it. There are four seasons (of course) and each princess is a different color. If you don't remember, winter looks like this:






I think I did winter first because it's my least favorite season and, as I always tell my kids, you should do the hardest job first and then the rest seem easy in comparison.

Here's where I am with my January cottage:


I have also signed up to sew a "love quilt" square for the Love Quilts site. They make quilts for critically and chronically ill children and you can sign up to stitch a square for a child. Mine is a hearts pattern and is due June 1st, so I have a deadline for one of these projects. You can check the site out by clicking on the link to your left at the top of this entry.

I have lots of projects I haven't begun yet and I spent a bit of time this morning going through everything and trying to get it all organized. It's hard when you don't have anything to organize things in, but my projects aren't so out of control (yet) that I really have to have any kind of new storage. I'm keeping my finishing stuff and fabrics in the dining room cabinet, since that's where I will finish any new ornaments, and the patterns, floss, and sewing projects are all stored in a large sewing box and plastic floss boxes. It's really kind of sad. Someday, I hope to have my very own writing/sewing/massage chair room, but for now, I'm happy with my little corner of the bedroom. But not happy enough to show you my pitiful pictures yet, because I don't want to go out and spend money on making it look better.

Sorry to cut this short, but I found out that sewing with the brace allows me to work without further injuring my hand, so I'm off to put a few stitches in something else. I have two projects for friends that need to be finished and I hope to add a couple stitches every day to each one. And I will also be finishing two ornaments that I completed and adding another one for March to my list of "to do" items.


6 comments:

  1. Wow, those season princesses are gorgeous. Am glad you've found a way to stitch more but please try and remember to pace yourself as I would hate for you to have to give up stitching altogether because you did it too much!

    I'm going to have a look at that charity though I already stitch for SOLAK (Stitches Of Love And Kindness) which make the donated pieces into quilts for those with chronic disabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tamara. I love the colors in the spring one I pulled back out yesterday.

    Pacing myself is the hardest thing. I am a go all in and all the way kind of girl and when I get obsessed with something, well...you know. But I took lots of breaks yesterday and with the brace, my hand feels fine. YAY!

    I'm definitely going to have to check out your charity too. The love quilt square is in memory of our friends' daughter, Juliana. I'd love to do something for other people who have disabilities though.

    Hugs,
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those princess pictures!
    I hope your hand is still improving.
    How did the embroidery club go? One of the craft clubs I belong to starts at 9am but I would much prefer it if it started at 10 am. I hate mornings too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that your hand is feeling good, I hope it stays that way!

    Your princess is going to be beautiful when she's done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, now I can post from my computer at work but not from my home computer! I'm soooo confused!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Autumn Celtic Princess is so pretty! Did you have fun at the embroidery club? It's great that you can stitch with your wrist brace now. It sounds like you have lots of projects to work on!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!