Tuesday, February 14, 2012

You Can Win Something!!!

Good morning my friends!

I don't know if you've paid much attention to the left hand side of this blog, but if you'll take a quick peek, you'll see a link to my best friend's website and information for a raffle we are holding for her.

You can read more about Malea if you click on the link at the top of the page, but the short story is this: Malea is suffering from stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. Her doctor with her HMO has told her there is nothing more that she can do and that she would be welcome to find another provider, so she did. The catch is that because she's going outside of her insurance company for treatment, they won't pay.

And cancer treatment is freaking expensive.

Here's where I'm hoping you'll help me out. And the neat thing about it is that you can win prizes!!!!!

I put together a little raffle (date to be decided shortly) and I have three things that you can get a chance to win for just $10. $10 isn't a lot, right? And you can buy as many chances to win as you want. Here's what is up for grabs:

First Prize:

An autographed copy of Stephen King's 11/23/63:


See? He really signed it!
This is a first edition brand new never been touched by anyone except the purchaser, the author (wow!), and myself. And that's really his signature. If you are a Stephen King fan, you really should buy a chance to win this book. Because, in a few years, it's going to be worth a lot of money. So you could either keep it because it would be so cool to have it or you could eventually sell it and pay off your mortgage. (Well, probably not pay off your mortgage, but autographed King books are going for something like thousands of dollars. Go over to eBay and look for one of his first books and check out the bidding prices.)

Second Prize: Handsewn "Love Quilt:"


This beautiful quilt is queen sized (I draped it over my king sized bed so you could get an idea of the size of it.) It speaks for itself, but I have to say that I absolutely love this quilt.

Third Prize: Handsewn (by me!) Breast Cancer Cross Stitch:


This is currently at the hobby store being framed. It is approximately 7" X 7" square and will have a white wooden frame. And it states: "Where there is life, there is always hope." That sums it up folks!

If you would like a $10 chance to win one of these fabulous prizes (where's Vanna White when I need her?) please contact me at CNewton724@gmail.com and I will give you information on how to get tickets. You don't have to be present to win.

That's all for today, since it's Valentine's Day and I would like to spend some time with my sweetie, who took today off because his job is trying to kill him. I also have to drive to Maryland to see my primary care doctor about a horse some new symptoms that have been bothering me and that's a pretty big trip, since he's an hour away.

So, contact me! Please! You'll help my friend keep on getting her chemotherapy and you might win something nice in the process.

(Sorry, I can't use the paypal button for this, because they hate helping people it violates some strange terms of use policy.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!