Monday, February 27, 2012

Sunday Night Chit Chat on Monday Afternoon

Okay, I'm a little late. But better late than never. Plus, I'm not always sure that anyone is really gonna be interested in the little crap that I am doing at the moment. It's kind of like that guy tweeting that he's on his deck. Does anyone really care?

(For the record, I think my next tweet will be my search for a psychic. It's on my bucket list and the one we found in Savannah was out to lunch when we arrived. Maybe that's a sign?)

So, here's what's going on with me right this minute:

What am I Reading? The Minimalist Woman's Guide to Having it All by Meg Wolfe. Justin laughed at the fact that I was reading a book on minimalism. Find the irony in that statement - 300 pages about becoming a minimalist. But I downloaded it for free, so ha.

What am I Watching? Jumping back and forth between my twitter feed (because it's new, so it's addictive) and my facebook feed and thinking I should really get some lunch and switch the towels over. Nobody can ever say my life has no meaning. (Catch that irony right there?)

What am I Listening to? Birds outside, the humidifier humming, and the sound of my typing. Time to turn something on because this is a little dull.

What am I Cooking/Baking? I don't have anything planned for this week, but I managed to save half of two crock pot dishes last week, so we are having one of them tonight. Maybe I'll make the kids some cookies from the roll of dough that's "almost like baking." According to Marie on Everybody Loves Raymond.

What am I Happy I accomplished this week? I finished my very first Christmas ornament. I cooked two crock pot meals. I finally got to the mall and got Joey some jeans that actually fit him. (How fast can one teenager grow? It's like if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?) I can actually hear him growing right now, all the way from the middle school. I also balanced the checkbook, paid the bills, got the kids' bathroom fixed by our handyman (and painted!). I just paid off two of our credit cards, making that three paid off in February. Awesome. I can see my iPhone in the distance!

What am I Looking forward to next (this?) week? Hopefully seeing my dear friend, attending my first meeting of the local embroidery guild that just started up, seeing my therapist on Friday, not having to go anywhere today or tomorrow.

What am I Thankful for today? I am thankful that Justin has a job that is allowing us to continue to have a roof over our heads and food in our stomachs. (His hours, not so much, but the overtime is awesome.) I'm thankful that winter seems like it's not ever going to arrive and spring will be early this year (making that one wrong groundhog). I'm thankful that I woke up this morning. I'm thankful for the ability to spend time on my favorite activity - making beautiful things. And I'm thankful that Faye over at The Carolina Stitcher will be mailing out my lovely butterfly pouches that I asked her to make for me to hold my sewing and what not.

Have I bored you with enough trivia about me yet today? Two posts in one day. I think I need to back away from the computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!