Saturday, February 4, 2012

I'd Rather Be In Hawaii Right Now


Oh, how this is where I would like to be right now! Anyone else tired of winter yet?

Justin and I watched Groundhog Day last night and the thought that was going through my mind was that if I got stuck on the same day over and over, I would not want it to be when it was cold and snowy outside. Bill Murray makes a statement in the movie about a day he had that he would have liked to live over:

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. *That* was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get *that* day over, and over, and over...


After coming back from a place where it is always warm and where it was about 65 degrees the entire five days I was there, stepping out of the Dulles terminal into the Virginia winter was a bit of a shock. I never needed the jacket I took down in South Carolina, but I needed it the minute I stepped off the plane to get my bag and felt that cold air.


Granted, the winter here has not been bad. We even have buds on the trees. But I see that the forecast for is for rain after an inch of snow tonight, with a high of 39 degrees tomorrow. Right now, I'd much prefer the South Carolina weather. I just went to the weather check I have set to my parents' zip code and hit the button and it's currently 69 degrees down there.


I. Am. Cold.


Apparently, the groundhog saw his shadow last Thursday and we can expect six more weeks of winter. Does the groundhog ever not see his shadow on February 2nd? I can't remember that spring ever comes early. It's usually after a rainy April with chilly temperatures.


I like spring and fall in Virginia a lot. But I don't like winter and I don't like the summer heat. I would like to find a place to live either on a beach like the one above, or where the temperature stays at 70 degrees all year long.


Does that place exist? Probably not. Well, the beach does, but we're never going to be millionaires, so I can pretty much mark that off of the places we could consider buying a house.


I guess we should have one good snowstorm to say we've experienced winter. It just would have been nice if it had happened while I wasn't here.


And while we have that snow and rain tonight and tomorrow, I'm going to pretend we live on the island in the picture, because that looks so much better than where I am right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!