Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Holy Crap - I Won An Award!

Many, many thanks to Sammyleia for my very first award! Wheee!!!!!


I'm so touched. I've never won anything in my life! Sammyleia is one of my all time new favorite blogs about trying to pay off debt, save money, and how difficult it can be when you have all those fabulous places to go with your credit cards. She's also into decluttering and I love how she holds herself accountable for every single penny. There's nothing like having to fess up on the internet about how much you've just spent on that pair of pants that was on sale when you weren't supposed to be spending money that makes you cringe at yourself. (I speak from total experience.)

Okay, so the rules are that you have to nominate five other bloggers with less than 200 followers (which means I can't nominate The Bloggess, but I think she's got more than enough followers and should send some my way anyway) and then shoot a comment their way to let them know they've won the award. It's a great way to promote what you're all about and make someone feel good at the same time.

So, in no particular order:

1. Jen Daisybee at Suicidal No More: Choosing to Live With Schizoaffective Disorder. Jen is an amazing woman who is working and going to college and just trying to find the right medication combination to allow her to keep doing it. She's amazing and also a fantastic writer. Her blog is awesome and you should check it out if you have any interest in mental health issues.

2. Roo at Nice Girl Notes. Roo is just tons of fun. She draws fantastic stick people and speaks really good gangsta and is the chick I would want to hang out with if Jenny Lawson wasn't available. I suspect she's way too cool for me, but I love her anyway. And if she has more than 200 followers, I wouldn't be the least surprised, but since it doesn't say on her sidebar, I'm putting her on here and letting her know.

(Wow, this is harder than I thought! I read a lot of blogs that everyone else likes. I can't nominate The Carolina Stitcher or The Twisted Stitcher, two of my favorite sewing blogs.)

3. I need to give a shout out to my other website and I'm pretty sure we don't have over 200 followers yet. If you haven't been to Off The Deep End to check out all of the cool writers over there, please do. We are a bunch of mommy bloggers who like to talk about things like which prescription meds give us the best "I don't give a crap" attitude and why the neighbors are annoying the shit out of us. There are some pretty cool writers over there (in addition to me) who deserve a look. Those girls keep it together and up and running in an amazing way.

4. Greg over at Telling Dad. I am almost positive he has way more than 200 followers, but again, it's not on his sidebar. I love reading a blog from a dad's point of view and his commitment to his wife, family, and firetruck are simply amazing. He's funny and f-bomb free. And his wife calls him a dork all the time. The fact that he will talk about that is something I just love. Oh, and his little girl is to die for cute.

5. Teri over at Diary of a Mad Hatter. Teri is one of my fellow writers (and a founding person) over at Off the Deep End and she is amazingly smart, funny, and interesting. And she's pregnant, so I am going to have great fun following her through all of those symptoms I did three times and don't miss in the slightest.

So wow. What a great way to start off my day! (And here I thought going shopping for fabric and doing the laundry were going to be the highlights.) Again, thank you so much, Sammyleia. I think I have a girl crush on you. I am seriously contemplating moving to Australia just because shopping with you looks like so much fun.


4 comments:

  1. Chelle,

    Thanks so much for the award! I really appreciate it! I have only gotten one other blog award before, and I've had my blog for a long time so it's really cool to be recognized that way. I definitely think you are amazing too. I know you struggle with a lot of issues but you do so well that no one would ever know you have so much to deal with. Thanks again!

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,

    You're welcome. I love reading your blog and think you are doing awesome considering what you have to contend with!

    Let me know if you have any trouble getting the award onto your sidebar. I have it saved as an image file, if you need me to send it to you.

    Hugs,
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your very kind comments! :) You can come shopping with me anytime! :) You deserve the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelle, I finally posted the award and passed on the award to five other bloggers. I just wanted to let you know. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!