Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Bloggess Likes Me On Twitter!

Good Lord, I have finally reached my life's goal. The Bloggess is following me on Twitter! Now I just need a few witty things to say and some awesome taxidermy to offer up on the alter of her awesomeness. Suggestions welcomed.

If you haven't yet crossed over to the dark side (i.e. buckled under peer pressure to join Twitter to follow your favorite celebrities), please make an account and follow me so I won't be tweeting random comments just to Jenny Lawson. Because then she is going to think I'm a crazy stalker and I don't like this fact to be something people are aware of. Stalking loses all of its mystery and loveliness if the person you're stalking gets completely creeped out by you and then blocks you.

And stalking and lurking are two different things. Who knew? At least, I think they're two different things. I don't lurk much; I read and comment. So, I think I would probably fall much more under the stalker-type category. Which is why I try not to over-comment. Of course, anyone who knows me knows that I over-post. I'm on and off Facebook all day long with my 2 cents and have written over 400 blog posts since October 2010. (I'm sure that Justin is relieved that I have shifted some of my talkiness to another medium besides his ear. He has to get some work done sometime. It's actually amazing he can work from home with me in the house at all.)

Trust me when I tell you that I don't actually tell you everything, because there are some things that are not going to entertain. (Constipation, cat barf, dog's anal glands - see? You didn't want to know.) And then there are things that would entertain, but would also lead to Justin divorcing me because I shared TMI on the internet. After all, he has a professional reputation to uphold and my writing about his job being a little stressful is much better than, say, writing about how he's going to die from sleep deprivation if the middle of the night calls don't stop soon. (Ooops, but the people he works for have no idea he's married to me, so I think we're okay.)

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a little loopy from lack of sleep. I'd been doing great on a new regimen of melatonin, benadryl, and ambien (the fact that I can take all of those things at once must make me the poster child for drug tolerance), but last night my combo failed me and I was twiddling my thumbs and hoping The Bloggess was awake and tweeting at midnight. Sadly, she wasn't, so I finally got back to bed. But now I'm going on 6 hours of sleep, which is about 6 too few for me. I don't see a lot of activity in my day today.

Speaking of activity today, here's what my plan is. Shower and then work on this:

This is a swap I am doing with a friend from high school. We each picked one item off the other's list. She's finished mine. Obviously, I haven't returned the favor, although I am working on it every spare minute. Never again, 18 count aida fabric. Never again. You and I just do not get along. And I won't tell you what it is because she wants to be surprised, although I think I'm only about one picture from giving it away at this point.

I plan on doing nothing but stitching and laundry today, with a little crock pot dinner thrown in for good measure. If I can stay off of Twitter...oh look. 25 new tweets...maybe I can skip the shower. And the family doesn't really need clean clothes or to eat tonight, right?


2 comments:

  1. I don't do Twitter and am very slack with Facebook, but I do love reading blogs. Just wish I had more time in the day to read them more often :) (Btw I don't think you're stalking me! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yours is one of the first ones I read, so I don't know if that would be considered stalking per se...

    I don't feel like there's enough time in the day to do all of the stuff I want to do on the computer and then still have time to devote to the sewing, which is obviously my favorite thing, and then I used to love to read, but now I have all these books on my kindle that haven't been read because I'm too busy reading blogs and commenting on Facebook.

    My priorities are really screwed up.

    Hugs,
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!