Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Please Help Malea's Cause!

Courtesy of Malea's Cause

This will just be a brief call for help on behalf of the best friend I have ever had.

Malea was diagnosed in April 2009 with invasive breast cancer. She had a bilateral mastectomy and invasive chemotherapy. Her last chemotherapy was in October 2009 and they declared her in remission.

Last year, it was discovered that she also had ovarian cancer and had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor. Again, she was a survivor.

Immediately after that, the breast cancer returned and was in her lymph nodes. They did intense radiation therapy. Again, she was in remission.

On December 5, 2011, a scan showed that the breast cancer has now spread to her lungs and is Stage 4. The doctor has given her oral chemo treatment and told her there is nothing further to be done. She is looking into treatment options outside of her insurance company's network, but these are expensive and the cancer is not willing to wait for the money to grow on trees.

I don't believe that there is nothing further that can be done and I am asking for your help. If you can direct me to any other types of treatment that you've known to be helpful for someone you've known with advanced cancer, fundraising ideas, anything at all, please contact me. What she needs most (besides prayer) is funds to get to a decent treatment center and I am wracking my brain as to how to help her raise the money quickly.

Besides my mother, Malea is the strongest person I know. She has fought a hard fight with beauty, grace, strength, and dignity. She will never give up hope and never give up fighting. She has four children, the youngest of whom is only 12 years old, and they need their mom. She is going to be a grandmother in July. She has a family who loves her very much and can't live without her.

Please go to Malea's Cause and like it on Facebook. And if you have any ideas on how I can fundraise to get my friend to a treatment center that will help her, will treat her as a person, will give her some genuine medical care and concern, and will try to heal her please post a comment or send me an email.

Thank you in advance and your prayers are always welcome. I love my friend and hate the cancer. Cancer has taken so much from all of us. If you can help, you will be considered an angel.


5 comments:

  1. Done deal! My thoughts and prayers are with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am am Virginia Llorca. I am following you at the suggestion of Nicole Pyles. I will be back shortly to read your link on BPD and join "that club". My blog is
    FINE WHINE at dittymac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you, and prays for your friend. I really wish I had an answer. You guys are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for adding your prayers and good thoughts. The power of positive thinking can never be underestimated.

    Virginia, I will check out your blog. Thank you all for following me!

    Hugs,
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear that news for anyone. In my prayers and facebook list.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!