Saturday, January 14, 2012

Raffle Tickets Now Available!!!!

Please Help Malea's Cause With a Raffle Ticket Purchase!

On the left side of this page, you will see a brand new donate button. I am so excited about this! We will be holding a raffle on February 14, 2012 for an autographed, first print run edition of Stephen King's 11/22/63 to help my best friend, Malea, with her costs for treatment for her stage 4 metastatic breast cancer.

Tickets are $20 each, or 6 for $100. Please email me at CNewton724 at gmail dot com when you have paid for your raffle ticket and I will email you a ticket with a number. The raffle will be held on February 14, 2012.

Help us raise as much money as we can! And please spread the word to anyone you know who is a Stephen King fan and might like to win this book. Older autographed Stephen King books are going for thousands of dollars and this is a first print run edition, opened only by the author to sign it and the seller to take a picture of it. It is sure to be very valuable in a few years time and you will be getting a chance to win it for only $20! I will share pictures of the book and his signature as soon as it arrives, which should be today since I got expedited shipping.

I will be posting up Malea's story in the days to come, after I have a chance to sit down with her and talk about when she was diagnosed, how many surgeries she has had, the awful setbacks over the last two years, how hard she has fought, and what her life has been like since she discovered she had this horrific disease. But trust me when I say that Malea is one of the strongest women I have ever met and I have never had a better or more precious friend. 

I appreciate each and every one of you who is willing to help my friend in her fight. (Not to mention you get the chance to win something very amazing!) She has a tough road ahead of her, but we believe she has finally found a very good doctor who will find the best chemotherapy for the type of cancer she has and give her the chance of a longer and more quality life. The more money we can raise for her treatment, the more we will help her.

Also coming soon will be a website dedicated to Malea's progress and offering fundraising items. I will link you all up to it as soon as we get it set up.

Thanks and hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!