Thursday, November 3, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

Before I settle down to stitch, I thought I would share my latest cross stitch project. I made this for my mom, because she doesn't put up a tree anymore. Now she has a fully decorated tree that she can hang up with one little nail anywhere she likes.

Pattern and kit are both from 123 Stitch. They have a full range of Christmas projects that won't take you a long time. I am now working on a snowman from the same designer for my mother in law.











I had to learn how to "whip stitch," which I actually already knew but didn't know I knew and had to figure out how to get those teeny, tiny little beads onto the little, tiny needle. Also, it was very difficult to get two strands of floss through the smaller beading needle.

I'm quite pleased with the way this turned out. I gave it to my mom early so that she would have a Christmas tree this year. I am now working on the snowman and will be doing a project for a friend while she does one for me. She picked an item off of my wish list and I picked one off of hers. It's going to be fun.

Here's to hoping my hand holds out!



3 comments:

  1. How incredibly thoughtful..it's easy to forget the little things when we can't do the big things anymore. I'm incredibly humbled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you, Shelley! I don't know that I've ever humbled someone before and I'm not quite sure how to act!

    Thank you so much. Your comment humbled me.

    Hugs,
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ornament turned out great, Chelle! Hope your Mom loves her decorated tree!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!