Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Roller Coaster Life


November is National Blog Post Month. Since I have so much to say (relevant or not), I don't think this will be much of a stretch for me.

The first writing prompt was something along the lines of what would the story of your life be called. Wow, that's tough because there are so many different things that define who I am. If I say fibromyalgia or bipolar disorder, that's defining me by my illness. I am also a mom, a wife, a crafter, a reader, and a writer. In my former life, I was a paralegal. I am also a college graduate with a degree in psychology. I am raising a child with autism, which is also a huge part of who I am. Hence, I am a special needs advocate. I am a chronic pain patient. I am a daughter and a friend.

Raising children is perhaps the most important job we do as moms and I write a lot about my kids both here and over at Motherhood Uncovered. I also write about my hubby, I talk about the crafts I have completed and am working on, and I am wanting to start a book and product review section as well. If you haven't noticed the tabs at the top of my blog recently, there is a reading list of books that have touched my life. They don't begin to cover all of the books I've ever read, but these are all books that influenced or touched me in some way. I someday hope to complete one of the books I've started writing, if I can ever get off of Facebook.

I have no idea how I came up with the title to my blog and I don't know if Life on the Domestic Front would be a good title for my life. I can remember checking various titles and nothing being available until this one popped into my mind. And it really started to become a part of who I am. Because it really is my life on the domestic front, even though I don't necessarily consider myself "domestic."

I live a lot of my life through reading and through the internet. I travel to great places from the comfort of my family room recliner. I am limited because of my chronic illnesses, but I am so much more than just my chronic illnesses.

I was lying awake for about 10 minutes last night (before blanking out completely) and was thinking that the best way to describe my life is as a roller coaster. My mood goes up. My mood goes down. My fibro flares. My fibro is tolerable. I am very involved in my kids' lives. My kids want nothing to do with me. It's like riding a roller coaster. Some weeks are intense and some weeks are on a down slope.

So, I guess the title of my book would be "My Roller Coaster Life."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!