Tuesday, November 15, 2011

And Then There Was Ice

Once again, my amazing, talented, over-worked husband has done battle with our aging refrigerator and, in his words, "wrestled that f*@%er into submission." Once again, we have automatic ice.

I don't know how long he can possibly keep this thing going and the shelf life of a new appliance these days seems to be about as long as a piece of fruit, but having taken it apart and put it back together numerous times, it would seem he's got the hang of fixing it. Maybe Justin should consider going into the refrigerator repair business. Less stress and the money's probably better.

On another note, I woke up this morning with pretty high pain levels. After seeing Joey out the door at 7:00, I climbed back into bed, whereupon I remember thinking that some Icy Hot might just be the ticket to a little pain relief since I didn't want to start in on the heavy duty pain meds that early in the morning. (I know it's 5:00 somewhere, but that doesn't necessarily mean narcotics are a good idea first thing.

As I rolled that little magic roller ball over my shoulder blade, I can vaguely remember thinking that my hand was hurting a lot from holding that teeny tiny beading needle last night for the project I am making as a Christmas gift. And it seemed like a really fabulous idea to just put a little of that magic heating balm on my hand to calm it down.

And then I went to the bathroom.

Here's a tip. Do not put Icy Hot on the same hand you wipe with. I don't think I'll be making that mistake again.

And speaking of my nether regions (now there's a seque)...

Today is Ben's 20th birthday, so I am taking him out to lunch and shopping to use the gift card we gave him. He actually wanted books for his birthday. I am so proud.

Ben, we went through multiple embarrassing fertility tests to have you, I threw up for five months once I finally got pregnant with you (I would say something here about our herculean efforts, but that might be somewhat mortifying if you ever read this - I swear we only did it one time for each kid!), and you split me from top to bottom with a huge POP! when you finally entered this world 20 years ago. I didn't poop without screaming for a year, but you were totally worth it. Happy birthday to my most amazing first born child.



And now, I'm off to lunch with my oldest offspring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!