Friday, October 28, 2011

Linking Madness

Today I am taking a short cut and linking you over to The Mrs., one of my co-writers at Motherhood Uncovered. She has a great list of Facebook no-nos that I highly recommend become the standard social media rules.

I would add to her list:

Inspirational "wall photos" that have been cropping up constantly in my feed. Please don't do this every time you post. Sometimes they're cute, but could you put in a status update about yourself every once in awhile? I'd like to know how you are doing.

Ditto on links to songs. If you only post song links, you are probably going to eventually be hidden on my wall. Again, a little goes a long way. I don't need to know what you're listening to every three minutes when the next song comes up on your iPod. The occasional great song is cool and a youtube link once in awhile is also cool, but not every. single. post.

Ditto on links, links, links. I know, I know. You got here from a link to my blog. But I appreciate "real" status updates; not just links to political or religious articles. If I want to read about politics or religion, I will click on my own choice of news outlets.

Remember, you have no idea who might be reading and anything you put on the internet is fair game to anyone (thank you, Facebook non-privacy settings). Never post anything you wouldn't want a prospective employer/spouse/your mother to read.

On another note:

I have been working hard the last two days to update my informational stuff here on the site. Check out my new "pages" above if you want to know more about fibromyalgia, bipolar disorder, or see what kind of dreck I read. I am also planning on adding a craft page and maybe a "recipes I didn't ruin" page (which, I grant you, would probably not be very long").

And on another note:

Pajama jeans finally arrived yesterday, after being ordered on September 3rd. Even taking into account I had to exchange the first pair for a smaller (really?) size, almost two months really isn't good customer policy. Review to come and I'm sure they won't want to compensate me on the grade I give their shipping policy.


2 comments:

  1. I can take almost anything on facebook except the vaguebooking - do not just post "this sucks" to bait people to comment...and then say "I really can't talk about it"....then WHY did you put it on facebook!?!?

    Can you tell it drives me insane?!? :)

    P.S. So jealous of your pajama jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I hate when people do that. They want to see how many people will say "Oh, I'm so sorry, what's WRONG???? Please tell me!" Just say what you have to say!

    The pajama jeans came in black (were supposed to be blue) and still ended up cutting me around the middle by the end of the day. I am planning on writing a review today after wearing them most of yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!