Friday, September 2, 2011

No More Advertising!

Dear Readers,

You may or may not have noticed that I used to have google ads underneath my blogs every day.

I follow a minimalist website called Minimalist Packrat and Tanja has been doing WTF Fridays on how advertising has crept into every single aspect of our culture and how sickening it really is. She had one picture where they had actually painted ads onto kids' school lockers. I find that despicable. We are in such a culture of gimme, gimme, gimme and a lot of it is because advertisers have gotten into every single crevice of our lives.

I hadn't thought about it, but to date, several months after putting the ads onto my blog, I have still not seen a cent from Google. And the more I think about it, the less I want to put ads for ADHD medication and miracle fibromyalgia cures for you to accidentally click on.

So, I am taking the ads off. You're welcome.

Chelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!