Monday, August 8, 2011

Oh Bananas!

 
I just want to make sure everyone knows that this idea is not my idea. I came across the information on Jenny Lawson's website that you can take a toothpick and trace words onto your bananas and a couple of hours later, whatever you wrote will be visible to anyone who comes into your kitchen.


This is information we need! Seriously! Who doesn't want to leave their family notes on bananas? I am forever grateful to Jenny for giving us the giant metal chicken, James Garfield the stuffed boar's head, and pictures of her newly neutered cat with his cone and captions as to what her animals were thinking of this new development. Now I can thank her for the ability to write messages to my husband and kids on the bananas.

I decided to do this one day when Justin was napping. I snuck into the dining room where we had some holiday type toothpicks and carried it around until I was sure he was pretty out. I then went in and had myself a little field day with our bananas:

I actually got some of these ideas from the comments left on Jenny's post, so I can honestly say that nothing here is original to me. I am giving credit where credit is due.

When Joey came downstairs for popcorn after an hour or so, Justin roused himself and came into the kitchen. I waited and watched the popcorn. All of a sudden I hear, "Did you see this?" I am such a poor poker face. I said, face turned into the microwave, "See what?" All innocent and shit. "The bananas. Who wrote on the bananas?" That was it. I couldn't help myself and burst into laughter.

When we were in Gettysburg, Justin walked over to the Giant and bought five bananas. I didn't have any toothpicks, but I couldn't keep from writing a simple "I love you" with the setting of one of the rings that I brought. I didn't want to get the ring all "banana-y," so I kept it as simple as possible and only wrote on one.

Today, Justin went to the grocery store to restock after we had been gone for four days. One of the first things I unpacked was a new bunch of bananas. I am looking for new things to write on them. Please feel free to leave comments with suggestions.

Chelle

 

2 comments:

  1. So funny! I just may steal this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for agreeing with me that this is funny.

    Really, if a banana asks you to eat it, don't you comply?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!