Monday, July 25, 2011

Please Like Me (Also Known As I Don't Have Anything Today)

Okay, folks.  This is going to be short and sweet because today has been a disaster.  The guys came to pour the concrete beside the deck and got all of the ground leveled off and framed in.  Then it started to pour, so they will be coming back tomorrow to finish.  The guy came to "fix" the dishwasher, which actually means (I did not know this!) he has to order parts.  They will hopefully be here in three to four days.  Please God, let them be here in three to four days, because the kids simply cannot wash dishes and get them clean.  I don't know if it's deliberate or not, but the dishes are still dirty and I am having to rewash.

Every time I tried to sit down and write today, it was a disaster.  The kids being home for the summer really gets my schedule out of whack and I never got back to the 20 pages I wrote last night for the awesome new book I am going to write.  Stay tuned for more details and no, that does not mean I won't be doing the chronic pain book.  Since I don't have enough submissions for that yet, I am biding my time until I do and then I will do my own writing, get Toni to write the prologue, and get it out to a publisher.  In the meantime, I needed a project and this hit me like a bolt of lightning last night after my ambien dosage.  It's so weird, but I write better on ambien.  I don't know what that is.  Maybe because it takes the inhibitions down and you write the truth?

But, on a more personal note, I have set up a Facebook "community" page.  I decided that the closed group just wasn't working and I wanted something more open, so please click on the link on the right hand side of the blog and "like" me.  Keep track of what number you are, because I will be giving away a hand made (by me) canvas butterfly or cancer awareness ribbon refrigerator magnet customized to your requested colors.  So let's get to "liking" me people!  You have to actually go to the page on Facebook and click "like" to count.

That's about it for today.  It took me two hours after I got out of the shower to get my hair dried between the kids and the phone and the dog and the husband - all of which I appreciate greatly, but summer is really stressing me out.

I have a huge surprise for the younger boys coming on August 8th.  I will be posting pictures.  In the meantime, here are the canvas magnets that I am making:

Don't you really want one?  I think they are so pretty!  I was hoping to offer them for sale to contribute to cancer research, but my fibro hands will only let me sew for a very short time period these days, so I am limited to my giveaway and the Ankylosis Spondylitis (sorry if I misspelled that, Kelly!) auction.

Chelle

 

3 comments:

  1. I LIKE you Chelle! I am now I believe something like number 16 on your FB page! I just had to comment on the dishwashing fiasco. Two years ago we had to sell our more modern home and move into my husbands older childhood home. Much to my horror there is no dishwasher, and worse...really no way or place to install one! So we have survived two years without one, but it's been tough. My now 17 year old daughters idea of a clean dish and mine differs greatly. I have rewashed hundreds of dishes, or more often pointed the offensive item out to her and had HER rewash it! lol I'm glad to have found your blog! I will be trying to put together a submission for your book for certain! Thank you for complimenting my writing on Phylors blog! I so appreciate it!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tammy! Maybe I need to make magnets for the first 100 people, but then I wouldn't have time to write and that would be bad! I'm very glad that you found my blog too and it is really touching to me that people are responding in such a positive way.

    I can't wait to read your submission for the book on chronic illness.

    Hugs,
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I am so sorry about the dishwasher situation. I am pretty much just washing the kids' dishes myself because they just don't get it. They've never been without one and do not know a clean dish from a dirty one.

    The parts are supposed to be in within 3 to 4 days. I had the part that is missing, but apparently put it somewhere for safekeeping and now don't know where that was. I do it all the time and it drives both me and my husband crazy. I'm thinking it's time for a home, but I can't get them to take me and check me in.

    Hugs. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!