Friday, July 1, 2011

Sorry, I'm a Big Behind!

I'm a little behind (actually I'm a big behind, but let's not go there!).  Yesterday I took Ben down to see the campus of James Madison University and was so completely impressed.  Wow, do I miss my college days.  It was orientation day for freshmen, as well as the tours that were being given, and I had so many memories of my own freshman orientation at Mary Washington College in 1982 where I met my ever patient husband.  Almost 29 years ago...where does the time go?

Ducks on the Lake at James Madison University

It's amazing how much goes on in the online world when you step away for a day or two.  I feel overwhelmed and a little bit like I won't catch up...but then I remind myself that I don't really have to read every blog and see every Facebook post and try to take deep breaths.

I have received four entries for the book so far and they are truly amazing stories.  I would like to get an idea of how many people are out there scribbling away for me, so if you are planning on submitting a chapter for the book, please email me at chronicbook@gmail.com and let me know.  I am right now in the process of reading submissions, finding someone to draw up the release form I need, and figuring out how the book will be laid out.  Oh, and it would probably be a good idea if I write something myself!

Remember, the deadline for submissions is September 30, 2011.  I believe this project is going to take several months to possibly a year before it is ready for submission to a publisher.  Of course, once the kids go back to school and depending on how many submissions I get, it could be sooner.  One can hope.

Meanwhile, back at the homestead, I need to go check the garden (what's left of it), try to straighten up around here a little bit (since Jack decided to eat one of Joey's Pokemon toys I didn't get to in time), and think about possibly making dinner.  Walking that campus yesterday was an incredible experience, but my legs are really screaming today.  Even though we did the "no steps" tour, it's a really big school!

A Building at JMU (Um, maybe I should have looked for a name?)
 I wish I had a great camera so that I could really show you what we saw yesterday.  Of everything we looked at, I think maybe the football stadium might have clinched the deal for Ben.  And he's not even a big sports fan!  Now we have the problem of my wanting to move to Harrisonburg.  Our town just doesn't begin to compare.

Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!