Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Do NOT Write While on Ambien

I know, I know.  I am not supposed to blog after I've taken my ambien.  But really, it's not working and if I say something you know would cause milk to shoot out of my nose tomorrow after I wake up, send me a text and let me know that I need to get on here as soon as I wake up and fix it.

I just wanted to share that I am now a contributing author over at www.askabipolar.com, a website set up and run by Marybeth Smith, my newest favorite person in the whole world.  Marybeth created the site to help answer the public's questions about bipolar disorder by giving them straight from the horse's mouth answers from people who know what it is like to have this disease, to live with it every single day, and how it affects everyone around them.  So, if you'd like to go check it out, my preliminary biography is up (with a more refined version to follow) and you can even submit a question to be answered by one of the authors on the site.  I am anxiously awaiting my first question and hope to do it justice.

It's taken me a lot of months to get to a place where I finally feel like I am making progress with this writing thing and I am so grateful to Marybeth for giving me this opportunity to get my name out there, both as a writer and as an advocate for people with mental illnesses.  I, for one, am tired of being in (as she put it in her book) "the bipolar closet."  This is a brain disease and the fact that there is still a stigma attached to it, even among people in the psychology profession, really pisses me off.  So help me do something about it.

If you know of someone who is bipolar and is struggling or if you are bipolar and just need some information or a question answered, please come on over to the website.  I'd love to have you as my very first question, so ask for me if you like!

Chelle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!