Thursday, June 9, 2011

Still Decluttering

It seems like I am just jumping manically around subjects here, but as it says at the top, this is basically my life.  I multi-task on such a ginormous level that I can never fully concentrate on one thing because I'm always thinking of the next three or four things that I need to do.  Justin is always worried when I walk into the family room to set my water down on the coffee table, because I usually have a book and my phone in my hand and, like as not, I am focused on the phone, either taking pictures or texting.

But, to get back to what I started a couple of weeks ago, here are some of the items that are going out of the house:


These old candles had been sitting under Justin's bathroom sink for the last five and a half years.  Time for them to go.


Embroidery machine supplies, posted up on Craigs List today, along with:


Quilting blocks that were purchased from Joanne's.  They used to do a block of the month for a year quilt.  Maybe they still do.  Whichever, I am not a quilter and my mom is trying to reduce her clutter, so I added these to my Craigs List post.  Hopefully, since I have offered them up for the cost of coming to get them, they will be out of the house shortly.

I forgot to take a picture, but Ben took two large boxes of books over to the library for me today and brought me a donation form for next year's tax return.  (I almost broke my own privacy rule by posting a photo of the receipt, which has our address on it.  Old habits die hard!)

I also threw away a 7 or 8 year old almost empty bottle of Aramis cologne and a tube of Aramis lotion because Justin has not been able to use anything that has a fragrance to it for years because of his asthma.  I don't know why we even moved those two items with us to this house back in 2005, because I'm pretty sure we knew that any artificial scent drives his lungs crazy.  This was my response to Colleen's mini-mission for Friday of this week - to declutter something that belongs to someone else.  (Of course, I checked with him first and he gave me a look like, you really have to ask???)

I told Justin yesterday that his workbench in the garage is one of the areas of the house that I noticed is getting cluttered.  I'd like to clean it up and straighten and declutter it, but I would have absolutely no idea where to start.  I know that he will eventually clean it out because he always does.  It's just something that usually happens in the summer when he is working outside more often.  But, since he asked me if I had put up a picture, I am posting the "before" pictures:



I swear upon my prescription painkillers (the holiest thing I have) that this is not a nag for him to clean out the garage.  I just think it's going to be a really dramatic "after" picture, so I thought it would be fun to include the before shots.  I don't spend much time out there, so I'm not too concerned about it.

That's it for today.  I'm keeping it short so I can go work on my ribbons and butterflies!

Chelle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!