Sunday, June 12, 2011

Refrigerator Decluttering

Ever since I found Colleen's blog at 365 Less Things, I have been casting my eyes around my house as if I don't live here and looking for clutter that I can get rid of.  While I am waiting to post up my extremely serious entry tomorrow about mental illness and suicide, in conjunction with my guest blog, I thought I would put up my decluttering mission from yesterday.  The refrigerator front.  How many of you have a refrigerator that looks a little like this?


The two typed sheets were a list of frequently called phone number so I would have them readily available.  I'm not sure when I last updated the list.  Since I couldn't find the saved list anywhere on my computer, I'm pretty sure it's been at least a couple of years.  I took the pages to my computer and typed in (and saved) the numbers that I use a lot and got it down to one page of two columns.  Because do I really need the phone number for the school board?  Or for Joey's therapeutic riding center that we don't go to anymore?  Um, no.

Here is how my refrigerator front looks now:


Wow.  I had no idea we had so many magnets!!!  This is much nicer to look at.  I have kind of decided that the less cluttered my life is, maybe the less cluttered my mind will be. 

Next mission:  the junk drawer in my desk!  Send in the troops.

Chelle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!