Wednesday, June 15, 2011

And the Decluttering Continues

I am on a freaking mission!

Seriously, once I start getting rid of stuff, it's kind of hard to stop me.  I've even gotten the kids involved and Jamie actually found a shirt in his closet that he's been looking for forever.  I knew I didn't need to buy that kid new clothes.


Here are some of the things I did on Monday:


I went to put my pajamas away in the drawer Monday morning and they wouldn't fit.  This is what came out of the drawer that no longer fits me or I can't wear.  All going to Goodwill.

Here is the before picture of my top desk drawer (or the "junk" drawer if you prefer):


Pardon my foot - now everyone in the world knows I don't get pedicures because I think my toes are ugly.

Here is the after:


Of course, there's a little pile of things I need to find a new home for, but I already know where they're going, so it's all good.  And that's quite a relief to be able to find what I'm looking for.  When did we become such a "corded" society?  I have cords in every drawer of the house and some of them I am sure I don't know what they are for.

I've been on such a roll that I have gotten another pile ready for donation to the library and a pile for Goodwill.  I even went through Joey's bookcase and closet and cleaned those out.  I also have two stacks of puzzles and games down in the basement that I need to add, but our donation pile (which I've been relegating to the dining room as a way station) now looks like this:


Ben is going to be making a couple more trips at least in the next week to get rid of this stuff.

I put up a picture yesterday of our three clunky old computers that we will be getting rid of.  If a friend doesn't take them, I will be putting them on Craigs List and anything we make off of those will go towards paying for the new ones, although we put the new ones into this month's budget already.  I'm amazed at how much more cash flow we are going to have without those huge credit card bills every month.  What a relief that is.

I feel a certain momentum now to get my house in order and get rid of stuff that is just sitting around taking up space.  As Jamie so eloquently put it on Monday (as he was cleaning out his closet), "Hoarding sucks."  I couldn't agree more.

Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!