Tuesday, May 3, 2011

To Post or Not to Post

That is the question.

I find myself going from a hypomanic, get things done phase yesterday, to a nose dive into depression today.  This rapid cycling thing is for the birds.

I had a semi-planned post based on a letter in Sunday's Style section of the Washington Post about someone suffering from severe loneliness and I thought I would relate it to my own struggles with people and relationships.  This morning, feeling as down as I do, I think it would be oxymoronic to even bother to try to find the blog entry half-formed in my mind somewhere that related so well to that article.  Maybe tomorrow.

Just saw something from MNBC about blogging as therapy.  I suppose I do use my blog as a form of therapy - any kind of writing can be therapeutic.  But on "depression" days, it's hard to find the words.

I truly wear myself out, so I don't feel surprised that I wear out the people around me.  Some days, I just need to take a deep breath, tell myself it will be okay, and go read a book.  Today seems to be one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!