Monday, May 9, 2011

A New Look!

You may have noticed a slight change to the appearance of my blog and that's because I spent a little time over the weekend just messing around with it and finding fun ways to make it better.  One thing I found that I think is major is the fibromyalgia awareness badge you are seeing on the top right hand side. 

Did you know that we fibro people actually have a day?  It's May 12th, this Thursday, and the WEGO health site I have been visiting is asking people who have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and who have blogs to take advantage of "our day" on Thursday to talk about what it's like to have this unseen illness. 

I haven't decided what exactly to say yet - I'm still turning it over in my mind.  But I will take advantage of the fact that they have given us a day, a ribbon, and the beautiful butterfly on the badge and contribute what I can to help people who do not have fibromyalgia understand just a bit what it's like to live in the fibro world.

In the meantime the manuscript for the book is coming along beautifully and I am thoroughly enjoying the fact that I have created a viable book idea.  There was also a huge article in yesterday's Washington Post about e-publishing and the explosion of writers who are circumventing the traditional publishing route (i.e. begging someone to just take a look, please, pretty please at your manuscript and then hanging up the never ending rejection letters) and going straight to Amazon or Barnes and Noble and making a killing by pricing their books at $4.99 per download.  These people write to a specific market, a lot of them romance novelists, and the ones who are successful are reaping the benefits of this e-reader boom that is taking off.  You can actually hear the wheels turning in the heads of all the people with manuscripts they have written thinking, "I wonder if this is something I could actually do?"  And yes, those wheels are definitely turning in my own head.  If I can focus on it through the fibro fog long enough to figure out what exactly I would have to do.

So, stay tuned for a blog on Thursday about fibromyalgia.  And I'm sure I will find something else to post about between now and then.

Happy Monday! 

(Yeah, it's spring and there's a lot of Vitamin D out there.  I think I'm a little drunk with sunshine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!