Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The End of the Internet

Okay, time to get serious here.  I have a major two-part post that I have been working on for Fibromyalgia Awareness Day tomorrow.  The problem is this pesky little inability to focus on one thing for more than 30 seconds and inability to multi-task.  Whenever I get onto the computer to get to work, I check email which leads to the WEGO health site which leads to checking blogs which leads to checking Facebook....can you see how nothing ever gets finished in my world?

My computer has been acting a bit unfriendly lately and Justin needs to give it a complete overhaul.  I have dutifully transferred everything of value to a new hard drive and one of those handy little thumb drives and I am now in a position of being able to hand him the laptop to do with it what he will.  The problem is that every time I think about handing over the computer, I kind of start to hyperventilate.  Here's a new kind of anxiety for you.  The anxiety of not being plugged in.  Wow, what power social media!

There is a pile of laundry sitting on the floor behind me that needs to be folded and the kids are coming home in an hour.  I've got a messy draft of my two-part post done, but it needs to be polished so I can put it up online tomorrow before handing over the computer (breaking out into a sweat).  And...if I do ever manage to tear myself away from the screen, there is another load of laundry in the dryer and one in the washer right behind it.  And another on the floor of the laundry room.  Oh laundry, how I hate you!  You are like rabbits multiplying.  Wednesdays and Saturdays are my official laundry days, but on other days, I always remember the sheets and towels and oops, Ben never brought me his clothes.  Do you think anyone besides Justin would be able to figure out how to turn on the washing machine if I needed to go away on a trip?

But I do digress...

It's time for me to get serious, fold the laundry, and finish my posts for tomorrow.  And stop jumping from blog to blog to blog...there is no end to this internet thing, which is fascinating, but also incredibly time consuming.  And I see I have two notifications in Facebook on that other tab....oh, look.  A chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!