Friday, May 6, 2011

And A Happy Mother's Day!

Since my last post was just a bit depressing and introspective, I thought I would turn outward a bit and wish everyone a very Happy Mother's Day this coming Sunday.  I intend to spend mine resting and reading the new Jean Auel book.  Or maybe cross stitching.

Or, if any of my foundling fruits or veggies croak, I might consider going out and grabbing a couple of flowering plants to replace them.  I'm not exactly sure what led me to think I could grow cucumbers and watermelons in containers, so that's an issue that will surely need to be addressed sooner rather than later!  Now to find a place to transplant them where the dog won't dig them up.

I would say that all in all, today was a good day.  I got to spend a few hours with my mother (always a huge pleasure).  I am so proud and excited at how well she is adjusting just three months post-surgery.  Her willpower and stamina and general good health have served her well in this most recent blip on her radar screen.

Also, I spent some time chatting with a new friend I met through a social connection on facebook.  I swear, I meet more interesting people that way and this woman actually lives close enough that we could consider doing something together!  Justin is planning a rib roast for Mother's Day dinner, and I have no plans aside from going to pick up my son's Jeep from the shop tomorrow.  Who knows.  I may even get a little work on the manuscript in somewhere in there.

May feels like a new beginning to me, with the green everywhere and the flowers and the planting.  Spring and Fall are Virginia's new wardrobes and this is the time of year that I remember why I live through the cold winters here.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend, but feel free to check back if you want to read, because I can usually be hit up for a blog entry or two or three on the weekends!  I just never seem to run out of shit to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!