Sunday, April 17, 2011

An Attempt At Illustration

As any of you regular readers know, I have written several manuscripts for children's books.  I had two of them professionally illustrated - see Brave Bear on the right, which is now out to publishers - hoping for a sale.  In the meantime, I thought I would take a crack at illustrating my latest book, A Pig With Fur.  Here is what I have come up with for the little girl in the story:


I know the pig isn't quite right yet, but I'm really in love with this little gal.  Plus, drawing and coloring are still fun, even at the age of forty-six.  And I'm getting my parents' money's worth for that one year of art school when I was in college.  Too bad I went with the psychology degree, because it really did turn out to be just a piece of B.S.

Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!