Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day One - Spending Diet

Okay, so day one, February 8, 2011, I am proud to say that I did not spend one cent today!  Was it cheating because I knew I was going to start this "diet?"  No, because I actually didn't have anything (aside from take out dinner) that I really had to have today.  I think I got so caught up in getting the tax information put together and figuring out what I had spent on what over the last year that I was kind of astonished into not spending.  By the time I might normally have done some of my covert operations, it was dinnertime and we were cooking in.  (That big $20 savings for dinner.  Wendie's right - I should put it in savings, but I think I'll count it toward the big payment I sent to the credit card company when I paid the bill today. $20 less they can charge me interest on, right?

Of course, the last month has not been about things so much as it has been about family relationships and how much more important they are than materialistic goods.  Maybe I'm still in that mode of thinking.  Or maybe it's just that I had nowhere to go today and wasn't finished with the very long Ken Follett book I started reading before the trip to Richmond.

I'm sure temptation is right around the corner and I promise to report on whether I can hold strong (in which case I will post up a pic) or whether I "cheated" and bought it anyway.  Fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to tag back to your blog in the body of your message. Comments are my favorite!